Satin lamp shades add color to the room and add luster to a more formal environment. However, satin is dulled and appears splotchy when water stains it. Now, try the following steps to remove water stains from a satin lamp shade.
- Remove lamp shade from the lamp, and place the shade on kitchen counter or other solid and waterproof surfaces.
- Mix cold water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid in the bowl, then saturate a sponge in this mixture.
- Gently dab the sponge on the water stain to soak the affected area and the surrounding fabric.
- Rinse the shade. (Rinse the shade with the faucet sprayer attachment in the sink. Or rinse the entire satin lamp shade thoroughly with the shower-head water in a shower.)
- Shake lamp shade to remove excess water.
- Place the lamp shade on absorbent bath towels and let it dry completely.
- Reattach the shade to the lamp.
After wetting the satin, you can use cleaning mixture to wash the entire shade to remove other spots.