It is very necessary to measure your lamp before shopping. Your lamp looks like it is about to tip over if the lampshade is too large. Conversely, if the lampshade is too small, it will create an almost comical effect.
- Measure the height of the portion of the lamp that remains visible when the lampshade is on the lamp. Or, you can directly measure the lamp from the bottom of the base to the base of the socket base.
- Select a lampshade with a bottom diameter that does not exceed 2 inches in height or 2 inches less than the height of the base. For instance, you can choose a lampshade whose bottom diameter should be between 10 and 14 inches if the measured value in the previous step is 12 inches.
- Measure the height of the harp and the heavy wire arc that holds up the lamp shade. Choose a shade that does not exceed 1/2 inch in height or 1/2 inch smaller than the height of the harp. For instance, you should choose the lampshade whose height should be between 8-1/2 and 9-1/2 inches if the harp measurement is 9 inches.
- Measure from the bottom of the lowest socket to the top of the clusters if your lamp has multiple bulbs or clusters. Make sure the height should be no more than 1/2-inch larger or 1/2-inch smaller.
- Measure from the bottom of the socket to the top of the bulb and add three inches if your lamp has one bulb and does not have a harp. You also need to measure the diameter of the top of the socket. Besides, please choose a lamp shade with a ring this diameter to slip over the socket. For this type of lamp, you can equip it with hardware to add a harp.