Lighting plays an important role in creating an atmosphere for your room. Lampshade can decorate your room. Home lighting or improvement stores have lampshades of different shapes, sizes, colors and textures. However, according to your personal taste and interior design of your home, you can create your own square lampshade.
Steps to make a square lampshade
- Purchase a square lampshade frame from home lighting or home improvement stores. Please consider the lamp base you will use for the proper fit while choosing frame.
- Choose a medium-weight fabric such as a strong linen for the shade.
- Measure the frame, and mark these dimensions.
- Cut out four pieces of the fabric for each side of the frame.
- Spray a light coat of adhesive on all four pieces of fabric.
- Press the fabric to secure it to the frame.
- Trim any overhanging fabric.
- Glue the corners of the fabric to the edges of the metal frame with hot glue.
- Let the glue completely dry.
- Decorate the shade with beading, trimming or any choice design.