Want to make a beaded lampshade with your favorite colors, beads and charms?
- Place the lampshade ring holder on the lamp. Measure the distance you want the strands to hang. The strands should be 8 or 9-inches long on a lamp that is approximately 24 inches.
- Cut the monofilament line, and make sure it is four inches longer than the bead strand length. To get enough line to knot and tie the strands, you need to cut the monofilament lengths to 12-inches if you want the shade (or strands) to be 8-inches long. Calculate the holes in the lampshade ring and make enough monofilament length for more than half of them.
- Put a large bead or ornament on the monofilament line, and make a knot at the bottom. Keep doing this to get an 8-inch line. To keep the beads in place while you make more beaded strands, you need to wrap a little bit of masking tape on the end.
- Use round nosed pliers to open a link in the jewelry chain. Depending on whether you want to alternate them with beaded strands, or use a chain length for every three or so beaded strands, you can make as many chain lengths as you like.
- Open a jump ring with the round nosed pliers, attach a charm to chain length, and close the ring with the pliers.
- Keep stringing beads on the strands to make them with different patterns and colors of beads.
- Keep attaching charms to lengths of chain, thus you have as many as you want.
- Attach the bead strands one by one to the lampshade ring. Skip drilled prism holes where you want the chain lengths to hang. Pass the top of the monofilament strand through the drilled prism hole in the lampshade ring. Tie it into a double knot to secure the strand. Reduce any excess monofilament lines.
- Use the round nosed pliers to open a jump ring. Thread chain length on the jump ring.
Insert the jump rings through the drilled holes in the ring to attach the chain lengths to the lampshade ring. Use the pliers to close the rings.
- Place a bulb in the lamp. Attach the new beaded lampshade to the lamp with the blub clip. Now turn on the lamp. You can see the dangling beads and charms sparkle in the light.