We like lampshades as they can add charm and flair to our home. However, most of us don’t know how to remove wrinkles from a lamp shade. In fact, it is very easy to remove wrinkles.
- Use compressed air to blow off any dust or dirt from the shades.
- Use a stiff brush to gently smooth the material of the shade to release wrinkles, moving from top to bottom.
- To get uniform appearance, please bush out the entire shade in one direction.
- Add water into a clothes steamer or iron. Plug in the steamer. Turn it to a moderate steam setting.
- Hold the steamer. Make it parallel to the lampshade, about 6 inches away.
- Turn on the steamer to make the steam spray onto the wrinkled area. Use your fingers to move the lampshade to remove all wrinkles. When you are handling the lampshade, you need to move the steamer away.
- Continue to do until all of the wrinkles are gone. Sometimes, to release tough wrinkles, you need to turn up the heat setting on the steamer or iron.