84% of civil fire deaths are caused by residential structural fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Protecting home is to protect yourself. It is necessary to use fire retardant to cover the lamp in your home because many lamp shades are made out of cloth which will spread fire quickly if the bulb it’s shading catches fire.
How to cover a lamp shade with fire retardant?
- Buy indoor fire retardants. If not, pour the fire retardant into the spray bottle.
- Keep children and pets away from the room where your lampshade is.
- Remove the shade from the lamp fixture.
- Place the lamp on a carpeted surface.
- Spray a layer of fire retardant on both sides of the lamp shade. Make sure to cover the entire shadow, but don’t soak the shade.
- Wait minutes until the lamp shade dry.
- Return the shade to the lamp fixture.
- Now, children and pets can enter the room.