A beautiful beaded safety pin night-light shade can add a little glamour to your plain and boring night-light. It is very easy to make this style of night-light shade with beads and pins.
It is recommended to use crystal or glass beads to make a pin night-light shade because they can allow light to pass through to create amazing colors.
Step to Make a Beaded Safety Pin Night-Light Shade
- Prepare 13 safety pins and string with 6mm beads. You need to prepare five 6mm beads for a 2-inch safety pin. Close the safety pin. Then repeat these steps with the remaining 12 safety pins.
- Use wire cutters to cut a piece of the jewelry to about a foot-long length. String a rondelle bead onto the wire, and string on the base of the first safety pin. Pass the wires through the loop. Continue alternate beads and safety pins to sting all 13 safety pins together. Place this string of beads and safety pins on a flat surface.
- Pass another wire through the 8 mm bead, and through the other end of the first safety pin. Continue to do to string 13 safety pins together.
- Put the ends of the wire pieces at the top together to twist them into a knot. Use a wire cutter to trim the remaining wires. Use the bottom wire to repeat this step.
- Place your lampshade over the lightbulb of your night-light.